Gahnak Falls

Ultima Online Free Shard
 
HomeRegisterPortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 DOWN !!!! DOWN !!!! DoWn !!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: DOWN !!!! DOWN !!!! DoWn !!!!   Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:47 am

ITS DOWN !!! *runs around screaming*

*BOOM*


*picks up body parts*


Oh sureeeee thank you Lord Dramin !


jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor

YUP............
Thats right.............

TyGerEyez has stuck again !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: server down???   Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:38 am

its still down any clue when it might be back up the server
Back to top Go down
Rithik
Gahnak Freshman


Posts : 51
Join date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: DOWN !!!! DOWN !!!! DoWn !!!!   Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:59 am

When they phone home after arriving at their destination and ask for a update from their kids. Thus getting the issue solved, its UO tradition that the shard usually goes down for vague or random reasons when the person who as physical access to the machine the shard is on goes away for a bit.

If its not back by the morning then perhaps the late evening (of tomorrow) at best. At least it gives me one less distraction so I can catch up on assignments.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: DOWN !!!! DOWN !!!! DoWn !!!!   Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:09 pm

still down Sad
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: DOWN !!!! DOWN !!!! DoWn !!!!   Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:35 am

Rithik wrote:
When they phone home after arriving at their destination and ask for a update from their kids. Thus getting the issue solved, its UO tradition that the shard usually goes down for vague or random reasons when the person who as physical access to the machine the shard is on goes away for a bit.

If its not back by the morning then perhaps the late evening (of tomorrow) at best. At least it gives me one less distraction so I can catch up on assignments.
This post is actually from TyGerKat... The others have been Eyez posting. Well, apparently they havent reached there destination or are not planning on calling home. And the funny thing, they leave thursday and the server goes down thursday, how lovely. Prolly would of saved them a few dollars on there electric bill if they just turned the puter off.
Back to top Go down
Rithik
Gahnak Freshman


Posts : 51
Join date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: DOWN !!!! DOWN !!!! DoWn !!!!   Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:29 am

Actually, the shard (when staff are on site) goes down (bugs..etc) or is turned off (To alleviate lag/ add new stuff in) and back on atleast two occasion a day on average. There is a bug/ glitch that causes it occasionally that they are aware of and were last I knew trying to get it fixed.

Given that, it is no conspiracy or mystery if the shard is down for extended periods of time when no one is there to pick up after it (or if they aren't aware its like that). This would allow most players to actually notice the down times that occur daily (that they rarely noticed otherwise) more often.

I said at best as in the best case scenario, something that rarely occurs in any problem or issue. Given how much people whine and complain when it comes to these things (its like getting in between a addict and their drugs usually). Would you rather me say "Its likely to be down till Monday afternoon, deal with it" and then make the situation worse when I respond to people complaining that I didn't give them good news or at least a thread of hope that its a quick fix...etc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: DOWN !!!! DOWN !!!! DoWn !!!!   Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:59 am

Rithik wrote:
Actually, the shard (when staff are on site) goes down (bugs..etc) or is turned off (To alleviate lag/ add new stuff in) and back on atleast two occasion a day on average. There is a bug/ glitch that causes it occasionally that they are aware of and were last I knew trying to get it fixed.

Given that, it is no conspiracy or mystery if the shard is down for extended periods of time when no one is there to pick up after it (or if they aren't aware its like that). This would allow most players to actually notice the down times that occur daily (that they rarely noticed otherwise) more often.

I said at best as in the best case scenario, something that rarely occurs in any problem or issue. Given how much people whine and complain when it comes to these things (its like getting in between a addict and their drugs usually). Would you rather me say "Its likely to be down till Monday afternoon, deal with it" and then make the situation worse when I respond to people complaining that I didn't give them good news or at least a thread of hope that its a quick fix...etc
Really, its no biggie to us. Referring to the server going down same day they leave for there vacation, was only saying how that was wierd, I guess a funny thing. I was not expecting an explanation of anything, I am not complaining. Its a game... /shrugs
And we already figured we wont see the server return til Sunday or monday :-)
We just take a few minutes and search out another server to go have some fun on, that simple.
I am hoping Lady Aly and Lord Dramin are enjoying thereselves and eating lots food!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: DOWN !!!! DOWN !!!! DoWn !!!!   Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:43 am

Rithik wrote:
Actually, the shard (when staff are on site) goes down (bugs..etc) or is turned off (To alleviate lag/ add new stuff in) and back on atleast two occasion a day on average. There is a bug/ glitch that causes it occasionally that they are aware of and were last I knew trying to get it fixed.

Given that, it is no conspiracy or mystery if the shard is down for extended periods of time when no one is there to pick up after it (or if they aren't aware its like that). This would allow most players to actually notice the down times that occur daily (that they rarely noticed otherwise) more often.

I said at best as in the best case scenario, something that rarely occurs in any problem or issue. Given how much people whine and complain when it comes to these things (its like getting in between a addict and their drugs usually). Would you rather me say "Its likely to be down till Monday afternoon, deal with it" and then make the situation worse when I respond to people complaining that I didn't give them good news or at least a thread of hope that its a quick fix...etc

I/we understand about (down/bug/glitch) times. The issue is here for us/me/family is that this is where we spend MOST of our time together on holidays. On that note, being a public shard as it is, IF the owners desires are to encourage and desire for more people to spend their (free time) HERE , with family there they also have to accept the Obilgations that come with running a server/shard. In this case (WE) are the customers, and to a (POINT) should be looked after , thus incouraging us to spend more time here and bring more of our friends here. As far as (WHINERS) goes, if you think anyone here is (WHINING) , then its clear you lack the public relation skills involved in dealing with the public. The (public/Folks here) are (ENTITLED) to voice any and (ALL) concerns when it comes to why they cannot log into a shard that they have and are spending a Great deal of their own personal time in/on . Having said that, the (Whining) term you so freely used was totally unappropiate, unwarranted, and acutally borderline Rude. In closing i say there is a point where (Owner responsiblity) and (Accountablity) are one in the same, YES we understand no shard can be or will be perfect, but this was abit (OUT THERE) to happen to us, being thanksgiving and xmas is the two times of the year our families spend ONLINE together with each other. Thank you for your future clarity in this matter and we all look forward to whenever it is they come up again.

++++TyGerEyez++++
Back to top Go down
Xavros Silverbow
developer
developer


Posts : 50
Join date : 2008-11-09
Age : 34
Location : Sweetleaf/Heartland

PostSubject: Re: DOWN !!!! DOWN !!!! DoWn !!!!   Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:54 am

Well seeing as I am just getting to read the forums after my sabatical I do have the need to insert my own POV as a senior staffer. Yes there is a certain level of responsibility involved in running and hosting a shard but if the ones running the shard are away on a vacation, emergency, etc... they really cannot be held responsible for equipment failure in their absence. I've been on shards where there were downtimes of days and sometimes weeks when the one with the server was not able to physically reset the equipment when it went down. So with that said I do understand the aggrovation that comes with downtime but also undertand that someone isn't always around to monitor the server for crashes and downtime. I know I've crashed the server a few times at night and it took a while for someone to see it and reset it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: DOWN !!!! DOWN !!!! DoWn !!!!   Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:42 am

Everyone who is yelling and arguing need to calm down
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: DOWN !!!! DOWN !!!! DoWn !!!!   Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:44 am

i'm guessing this server is suppose to be peaceful so everyone make peace Very Happy albino
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: DOWN !!!! DOWN !!!! DoWn !!!!   Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:46 am

Staff are probably working their butts off so plz apreciate what u got probably being staff ain't easy bounce sunny cheers
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: DOWN !!!! DOWN !!!! DoWn !!!!   Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:22 am

gerret wrote:
i'm guessing this server is suppose to be peaceful so everyone make peace Very Happy albino

*whips out his slingshot* *puts his prize marble in it* *pulls back* *Thummpt !!!* BULLSEYE !!! Make War NOT LOVE !!!!!! YEAHHHHH *begins to chant ancient war cries* *waves his bloodied axe around* woohhhhhapppppp......uhhhhh...mmmmm *runs off into the darkness looking for his next prey*
Back to top Go down
Alystenia
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 217
Join date : 2008-11-08
Age : 52

PostSubject: Re: DOWN !!!! DOWN !!!! DoWn !!!!   Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:59 am

this server IS peaceful .........or i get out the explode button and kick some arse
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gahnakfalls.2forum.biz
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: DOWN !!!! DOWN !!!! DoWn !!!!   Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:25 am

Alystenia wrote:
this server IS peaceful .........or i get out the explode button and kick some arse



*hides the button from Lady Aly* *puts garlic around it* Muahahhahahhahaaa
Back to top Go down
Alystenia
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 217
Join date : 2008-11-08
Age : 52

PostSubject: Re: DOWN !!!! DOWN !!!! DoWn !!!!   Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:38 am

lol i used to roleplay a very very strong vamp....ummm we use garlic for seasoning dear.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gahnakfalls.2forum.biz
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: DOWN !!!! DOWN !!!! DoWn !!!!   

Back to top Go down
 
DOWN !!!! DOWN !!!! DoWn !!!!
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gahnak Falls :: Archived-
Jump to: