Share | 

Server Maintenance

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dramin
Father Of Gahnak and Master Puppeteer

PostSubject: Server Maintenance   Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:27 am

We have decided that Mondays will be "Server Maintenance" day. This will take place during 10:00 AM - 2:30 PM every Monday.

::Please Note:: On any given Monday the shard may be down or crash outside of the alotted time frame if their are issues which weren't able to be worked out. Please be patient on this day and refrain from any vigorious activity in which you may be upset if you lose do to the shard crashing.

Thanks!

Staff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
storm0264
Gahnak Toy

PostSubject: Re: Server Maintenance   Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:34 am

Excellent idea Lord Dramin and thank you for the post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Server Maintenance   Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:04 am

Dramin wrote:
We have decided that Mondays will be "Server Maintenance" day. This will take place during 10:00 AM - 2:30 PM every Monday.

::Please Note:: On any given Monday the shard may be down or crash outside of the alotted time frame if their are issues which weren't able to be worked out. Please be patient on this day and refrain from any vigorious activity in which you may be upset if you lose do to the shard crashing.

Thanks!

Staff
I know today is monday, but it isnt 10a.m. yet and I am unable to log into the shard. So, just checking if the shard is actually down or if its something with me? Thanks for any info.
Back to top Go down
Alystenia
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Server Maintenance   Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:23 am

no I have the server down doing ALOT of work on things and it will probably be down for most of the day. I started at 4AM this morning and have been working full force all day.....sorry but we have quite a few glitches and issues yet although we are getting close to having everything set pretty much correct i think. Thanks to all of you for letting us know what needed fixing it has helped tremendously know where to go and what to do.............
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gahnakfalls.2forum.biz

PostSubject: Re: Server Maintenance   Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:55 am

Wow... OK
Back to top Go down
Dramin

PostSubject: Re: Server Maintenance   Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:30 am

Today's Server Maintenance is taking longer than anticipated. Hopefully we will have the server up and running by 12 AM CST. I do apologize for the lengthy down time today, but rest assured that when it is all said and done these updates/changes/fixes will make the server better! Thank you for your patience and continued support for Gahnak Falls!

The Staff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alystenia
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Server Maintenance   Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:35 pm

The server will be down for a time today as well. But hopefully will be up today at some point and time.....thank you for your patience
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Server Maintenance   Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:39 pm

Alystenia wrote:
The server will be down for a time today as well. But hopefully will be up today at some point and time.....thank you for your patience
Ummm Your post says, today 4:30p.m and above you, Dramins post is, today 4:30 a.m.... *scratches head* Today is, Tuesday, 6:30a.m est.... So, the server is still down today? /sighs I am still unable to log in.. Any reason possible for this shard down so long? hmmmm..."hopefully"?? will be up today?
Back to top Go down
Alystenia
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Server Maintenance   Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:50 pm

yep and in the post i made this AM you will see why ...i am still working on it....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Server Maintenance   Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:57 am

TyGerkat wrote:
Alystenia wrote:
Ummm Your post says, today 4:30p.m and above you, Dramins post is, today 4:30 a.m.... *scratches head* Today is, Tuesday, 6:30a.m est.... So, the server is still down today? /sighs I am still unable to log in.. Any reason possible for this shard down so long? hmmmm..."hopefully"?? will be up today?

TUC is abit concerned as a reason wasnt given Kat, patience we can have but we like to feel appreciated in the fact we dedicate so much of ourselves to your server. Just alittle FYI is very nice and assures us that we're gonna be much happier with this extended amount of downtime. Thank you for any info that can sorta/kinda bring us in a tighter understanding as to what issues might of or have occured without technically getting involved *laughs* Anyhow, thanks for working as hard as you do and we are VERY MUCH looking to get back into the game, you know how us UO JUNKIES are *lol* Hope you guys New Year is off on a good foot and talk to ya soon !
Back to top Go down
Xavros Silverbow
developer
developer

PostSubject: Re: Server Maintenance   Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:10 am

We are experiencing heavier than usual downtime due to the amount of fixes and additions being made to the shard such as the map spawning of certain area's and hammering out of certain bugs in the system that cause great headaches to everyone. I assure you all that Aly has been busting her tail to get all this hammered out and it is a greater than normal load she has taken on this week. I would also like to take this time to remind everyone that we are still running on a skeleton crew to develope and create our world to keep everything fresh and everyone happy. If anyone wishes to consult with staff on any changes being worked on I am still acting as ambassador until we get our council set up and am on Xfire (name Xavros) and will be on there as often as I can when not in game. And as always feel free to PM or email me (justinhaskell@tmail.com) and I will answer all questions to the best of my ability. Thank you
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Server Maintenance   Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:24 am

Sad I know you all are doing your best in getting the server up and yes we are very patience, but now and then if you can let us know it is getting closer or not would be nice. Smile I keep checking both the boards and game in hopes it will say it is up. Hugs and yes I am a UO junkie too.
Back to top Go down
Alystenia
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Server Maintenance   Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:01 am

I understand how u all feel....my apologies for not be more explicit in my posts I am just trying to get it done as quick as possible so i guess i am posting as quickly as possible---- maybe if i would explain a little better it will help. As I was telling Xavros one letter being capitalized or mispelling can throw the whole system off. Remember when the server kept crashing with the new ore system? That was because there were three words heartwood, frostwood and bloodwood ---part of the system had the W capped the other part had it in lower case.....just the W. It was not my doing as the creator more than likely just didn't think, but it was still a headache for us meaning all of us in the shard, when we would crash and we would shut down to try and find it. People in the shard were getting upset during all of that. I wanna do it right and I don't wanna rush. When I finish there will be LOADS of new drops and monsters in the game....Alot of the peerless system will be enacted <hopefully if i got it right>, the elven will have their part of our world as well not just a few items here and there but a place to actually call theirs. I'm not trying to be mean or try to keep anyone from being a part i am only trying to make the world better....now is the best time to do it while we have so few people in the game. It's taking a bit longer than i anticipated because some of the scripts were created "back in the day" and I am having to update them to fit and work. I am sorry it is taking so long but for me doing it this way is better than having everyone crash, go to a safe place while i reboot everytime something is added etc .....I appreciate your patience.....believe me I hate this worse than you do....everytime an error pops up it means i gotta find the problem....and it's not easy......i love you guys.....
Back to top Go down
Dramin

PostSubject: Re: Server Maintenance   Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:22 am

Just wanted to let everyone know - the shard is up and running! Again, Sorry for the extended down time. We still have not fixed everything, but that will be saved for another monday!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server Maintenance   

Back to top Go down

Server Maintenance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gahnak Falls :: Archived-
Jump to: